JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Maintaining high company standards, the Facilities Tech supplements maintenance, procedures, and management efforts to keep the resort in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Facilities Tech contributes to the achievement of the maintenance department’s goals by providing daily attention to the appearance of resort buildings, grounds, and common areas. Responsible for the maintenance of all facilities including rooms, pools, laundry rooms, barbecues, fixtures, drains, etc., as assigned by the Facilities Manager. Remains informed and aware of conditions that could have an impact on our ability to maintain a high-quality environment for our guests and owners. The Facilities Night Tech performs additional duties as assigned. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and troubleshooting in plumbing, electric and HVAC repairs with minimal assistance or supervision.
- Troubleshooting and charging A/C systems based on Super Heat and Sub Cool.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting all major appliances.
- Assists Techs with troubleshooting equipment, appliances, and HVAC.
- Perform plumbing maintenance such as pipes, drains, faucets, disposals, showers, and Jacuzzi tubs using methods that include soldering, brazing silver, PVC, CPVC, and fittings.
- Backup support to others, special projects as requested, and/or any legitimate business task within the scope of your responsibilities.
- Ensure that all safety rules are observed by activities staff.
- Practice and encourage the proper safety procedures for equipment & chemical use.
- Practice and encourage the proper safety procedures for physical exertion that involves bending, lifting, and climbing.
- Know tornado, fire, and disaster procedures and help coordinate evacuation efforts if necessary.
- Understand and be capable of completing the SMD accident/injury incident report forms/documents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, guests, vendors, and the general public including the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Basic math skills.
- Desire 2+ Years’ experience in maintenance work.
- Basic HVAC and appliance troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as required.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb ladders, stairs and lift 50lbs or more.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules