JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
To directly assist the Front Desk Manager to plan, coordinate, and oversee the Front Desk staff in the daily operations of a highly presentable Gold Crown (RCI) 5-Star (II) vacation interval resort operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommend to Front Desk Manager and assist in the following areas: train, review performance, and coaching of Front Desk personnel.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Front Desk department at Palace View Resort, French Quarter Resort and Palace View Heights when the Front Desk Manager is not present.
- When requested, assist the Front Desk Manager with projects, tasks and assigned reports.
- Train personnel in the use of computer software, the standard procedures for performing various tasks, and safety procedures and standards.
- Monitor staff performance on an on-going basis.
- Supervise preparation of work schedules for staff.
- Maintain a productive relationship with co-workers and management.
- Be committed to “The mission of Southwind Management Corp” to establish a lifelong relationship with our owners and guests and to guide them through a memorable vacation experience, primarily through our committed, experienced, knowledgeable and caring staff.
Specific Tasks and Assignments
- Recommend and track supplies for the daily operation of the Front Desk.
- Oversee and monitor front desk inventories, providing monthly reports as assigned by the Front Desk Manager.
- Ability to train and supervise staff in all areas of the Front Desk in the following areas but not limited to: extensive employee training, knowledge for multiple reservations software, exchange programs, scheduling, exceptional customer service skills, problem solving, procedure development and implementation.
- Seek out and execute cost controls in all areas of responsibility.
- Oversee daily operation of the Front Desk staff.
- Ensure Front Desk is performing excellent customer service skills and techniques.
- Observe staff in all areas of responsibility (i.e., company protocol, uniforms, schedules, punctuality, reports and guest interaction.)
- Responsible for lost and found procedures for items turned into the Front Desk.
- Assist with Inventory control regarding allocations – Extranet inventory and Owner Rental Program.
- Shift work will be required at the Front Desk weekly
- Availability to cover shift work when needed (i.e., employees sick, vacations, PTO.)
- Generate operation reports as follows but not limited to:
- New Owner Reports (Daily)
- Call Tally Sheets
- Daily/Weekly deposits
- Inventory Spreadsheets
- “Check in Happenings” Report
- Insure that all safety rules are observed by the Front Desk staff.
- Assist in planning off season (White Time) projects.
- Relay critical information about matters related to Front Desk to the Front Desk Manager.
- Perform any other duties as requested and/or assigned in order to maintain the smooth operation of the Front Desk Department in all area of responsibility.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate files to track work to be done and work completed.
- Maintain knowledge of timeshare, resort layout and amenities, shows, attractions and tourist related concerns involving Branson and the Branson area.
- Be punctual in reporting to work and starting duties.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all time reflective of a positive impact on the Resort and SMC.
- Plan Front Desk projects.
- Be visible to co-workers and guests when not engaged in duties and tasks.
- Be a proactive member of the Team seeking to exceed the mission of Southwind Management Corp. Inc.
Given that we are in the hospitality industry and operations are 24 hours, 7 days per week, schedules will vary by department based on seasonality and business needs. All employees are encouraged to recognize there is a certain level of flexibility expected based on legitimate business situations. For office staff, slight variations of start and end times are available by department based on business needs. However, once a schedule is determined, employees should ensure they are timely based on their established schedule. Requests for schedule adjustments should be submitted to your immediate manager and may be considered if it meets the needs of the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 3yrs experience in Front Desk Supervisory position or related field.
- Proficient in reading and writing English. Word, Excel & e-mail proficiency desired.
- Be customer service oriented and display an obvious people-person personality.
- Ability to train and supervise staff in all areas of the Front Desk.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills for interaction with employees, guests, vendors and the general public, using tact and poise.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, holidays and/or weekends as required and to receive calls while not on duty upon request of the Front Desk Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Knowledge and experience of budgeting skills, and ability to implement cost containment programs.
- Ability to walk extensively, climb stairs and lift 50lbs or more.
- Desire previous supervisory experience in related or similar field.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation.
BENEFITS (BASED ON ELIGIBILITY)
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with a Company Match (based on eligibility)
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules