JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for the development and management of the loan and homeowner associates’ collection programs and training/supervision of the Collections team on a day-to-day basis. This position also monitors and directs staff production while ensuring goals are met/exceeded. Ensure that staff collections efforts comply with company standards and federal and state debt collection laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement collection programs to maximize collection results and/or the recovery of delinquent inventory.
- Set payment and collection goals and targets, create an implement a strategy to improve collections.
- Participate in daily collection efforts for Loan and HOA delinquencies.
- Provide accurate daily, weekly, monthly and YTD timely reporting showing the progress of collection efforts.
- Handle escalated calls from owners.
- Review and approve settlement agreements and payment plans.
- Manage accounts for assignment to outside collection agencies.
- Verify owner records, input data and notes in CRM systems, collect payments.
- Process loan terminations.
- Process and send accounts to attorney for foreclosure filing in coordination with the Titles Department after all collection and recovery efforts are exhausted.
- Work with other departments when requested and as necessary.
- Provide ongoing training and motivation for staff.
- Develop and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures for the Department.
- Maintain current knowledge of state/provincial and federal legislated collection practices.
- Remain informed of any legislative procedural training requirements pertaining to collectors.
- Utilize all channels available to contact accounts when contact has been lost.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in a Management or Supervisory Collections role.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency is MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Full understanding of Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, applicable state laws, and collection techniques.
- Knowledge of resort timeshare rules and regulations is highly desirable.
- Bi-Weekly Pay by Direct Deposit
- Health Benefit Plan (Medical/Vision/Dental) plus deductible for other health categories
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- RRSP Plan – company matching contribution amount to designated RRSP Plan