JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Accounts Payable Specialist will work as part of the financial team in providing timely and accurate information. Primarily responsible for providing administrative support to accounting staff in maintaining vendor files, paying invoices, processing checks, and delivering customer files to financial companies. The Accounts Payable Specialist needs total commitment in providing superior, personalized customer service to all internal and external customers of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and enter invoices into Great Plains.
- Ensure that vendor invoices are correctly entered into Great Plains for payment.
- Prepare weekly Check Register reports.
- Resolve vendor discrepancies and disputes.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Perform weekly check run process and present to Controller for approval.
- Ensure payments are properly distributed.
- Responsible for collection of W-9’s.
- Reconcile company credit card charges on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Quantify and submit weekly prepayment schedules for approval.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required or significant work experience in the field.
- Minimum five (5) years experience required.
- Proficiency in accounting filing systems.
- Standard office practices, procedures, routines, and equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Office.
- Strong work ethic; inspiring the trust of others.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solve.
- Effective and professional communication, using tact, patience, and courtesy; both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent telephone skills and etiquette to include professionalism and courtesy.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, employees, and management.
- Multi-tasking with excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Effectively conveying information to managers/supervisors.
- Listening, comprehending, interpreting, and applying directives.
BENEFITS (BASED ON ELIGIBILITY)
- Weekly Pay and Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with a Company Match (based on eligibility)
- Employee Wellness Programs, including Employee Health Fairs and RALLY.
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Family & Friends Discounted Stays
- Various Employee Discounts (Local Businesses and National Retailers)
- Employee Recognition and Appreciation Events (Annual Employee Picnic & Holiday Party)
- Company-Supplied Uniforms and Equipment (Applicable Positions)
- Flexible Work Schedules